Saturday, December 17, 2016

Almost Christmas Day


Some years, I am still buying gifts on Christmas Eve.  Thankfully, I am more prepared this year.  The tree and decorations are up and presents are purchased and wrapped.  I braved the holiday crowds on Friday to purchase all the ingredients for Christmas cookies. So the next few days will be filled with the wonderful smell of baked cookies.  
A friend of mine has stopped buying gifts and just gives gift certificates to family members.  I like to purchase at least a couple of gifts for each family member, but frequently include a gift certificate along with those presents.  So they have gifts on Christmas Day and a gift of their choosing to look forward to.  I had meant to get a music-related gift certificate for my granddaughter.  This is an area where it's much better to let her choose what she wants.  Then I realized last night that I had forgotten to do that.  Thankfully, Musiciams Friend has gift certificates that are available by email.  No worrying if they will arrive on time.   Glad to have avoided that crisis.

No comments :

Post a Comment